Wood for Trees
Established over 10 years ago, Wood for Trees is recognised as being the UK’s leading charity data analytics and database management business. Wood for Trees help charities and other not-for-profit organisations make a difference by helping them generate and utilise their money, more effectively by helping them get the most from their data. This means more of the money they raise can be spent on their respective causes helping create a better society for all. We've built a reputation for providing valuable insight, strategic advice and pragmatic action that can have a significant effect on the bottom line.
Are you an experienced Power BI Analyst who generates reports and dashboards which help non data people understand data trends and insights? Wood for Trees is a leading provider of data and insight services to the Charity sector. We love what we do, because we help some of the UK’s largest, and also now the smallest charities raise more money, increase supporter engagement, and improve the positive outcomes they can deliver.
With the recent launch of our new product, InsightHub for Charities, we are looking to recruit a Power BI Analyst to accelerate the creation of our standard, charity sector centric reports, as well as bespoke reports. You will be part of the Wood for Trees analytics team and will work closely with our consultant analysts, clients and the data engineering and product team to define visually stimulating and insightful reports to help democratise data across the sector.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to translate business needs into the design of Power BI solutions for external clients, and the InsightHub product team
- Work as part of a team to develop the overall solution architecture for BI/analytics
- Ensure all work is insightful, high quality and meets the client’s needs
- Assist with estimating and planning for projects and development sprints
- Undertake BI technology option appraisals
- Participate in business development providing technical input and meeting with clients to secure new business
- Design and develop proof of concepts and deliver client demonstrations
- Hands-on working experience with Power BI to author queries, datasets, visuals & reports.
- Working with end-users to design and build dashboards and customisations to meet their requirements and suit their role
- Experience of defining and implementing Power BI architecture and deployment models for a range of use cases
- Experience practicing Data Architecture duties
- Experience of defining and configuring the security model within Power BI deployments
- Experience of working with SQL and knowledge of M (Power Query)
- Handling personal data within a controlled Information Security Management System
- Exposure to Azure or other cloud technology
- Familiarity with software engineering principles and product delivery
- Familiarity with business or data analysis in the Not for profit sector, or digital marketing and retail
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter, along with salary expectations, explaining why you think you are suitable for the role to email@example.com along with your salary expectations.
*Strictly NO Agencies