Wood for Trees
Are you an experienced Data Engineer utilising the Microsoft technology stack? Wood for Trees is a leading provider of data and insight services to the Charity sector. We love what we do, because we help some of the UK’s largest, and also now the smallest charities raise more money, increase supporter engagement, and improve the positive outcomes they can deliver.
With the expansion of our Data Engineering services, we are looking to recruit a Senior Data Engineer to help build data layer components and best-practice frameworks for data ingestion, cleansing, normalisation and manipulation.
- Work both independently and as part of a team to translate client and internal business needs into the design and development of standardised, scalable data pipelines
- Support existing data pipelines and implement change requests
- Develop standardised data ingestion and integration processes
- Support the development and design of external client data integration frameworks
- Provide logical and physical data design and database modelling
- Ensure all work is high quality, delivering to meet the client’s business needs, identifying opportunities to improve engineering processes to ensure that they are reliable, resilient, secure and scalable.
- Handling sensitive personal data within a controlled Information Security Management System adhering to Privacy by Design principles.
- Familiarity with software engineering principles and product delivery
- Familiarity with data engineering in the Not for profit sector, or digital marketing and retail
- Strong skills in writing SQL queries.
- Experience with SSIS ETL (Integration Services).
- Experience with SSRS (Reporting Services).
- Experience with SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) Tabular Model.
- Data warehouse methodology experience.
- Experience with Azure Data Factory V2, Azure Databricks, SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Analysis Services
- C# or VB.net, ASP.net, VBA, Power BI, Excel, GitHub
- Knowledge of CRM systems, ideally Salesforce, CARE and Raiser’s Edge
- Understanding of data processing techniques and methodologies including deduplication, consolidation and suppressions
- Familiarity with business or data engineering in the Not for profit sector
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter, along with salary expectations, explaining why you think you are suitable for the role to email@example.com along with your salary expectations.
*Strictly NO Agencies